Historic Bath Banner

Historic Bath, incorporated in 1705, is recognized as North Carolina’s oldest town. Bath is rich in authentic Colonial history as the first county seat for Beaufort County and in legend and lore as the “home” of Blackbeard the Pirate when he was not threatening commerce on the high seas. The North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources operates the Historic Bath Visitor Center on Carteret Street (NC 92) as part of the state historic site and offers tours of the Palmer-Marsh House, the Van Der Veer House and the Bonner House. Other visitor services include a free orientation film, special events, and a waterfront picnic area on Front Street.


North Carolina Objects in Historic Bath Collections
Linen Press
NC Stretcher Table


Landmarks of Bath
The Bonner House
The Palmer-Marsh House
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
The Van Der Veer House


Historic Photographs of Bath


Edmund H. Harding
The Life and Work of
Edmund H. Harding


History of Bath Town


Tri-Centennial 2005 Articles, Insert and Resolution


For more Information contact
Patricia Samford

P.O. Box 148
Bath, NC 27808