Ballard's Feed Store
|Click on image to enlarge|
Ballard's Feed Store, Incorporated was chartered in 1931, and was
one of the largest enterprises of its kind in eastern Carolina. Ed.
Rowe was the president and W. B. Gerard was the secretary. The
business was exclusively wholesale. They were authorized
distributors for Ballard's Insurance Feeds and Ballard's Flour. Four
counties were covered by salesmen and delivery service was extended
over a wide area.
This photo image was taken from the Special Rotogravure Section featuring the First City to Bear the Name of Washington in the Washington Daily News.