Suskin & Berry

Suskin & Berry
BL092
Click on image to enlarge
Suskin and Berry, a wholesale dry goods and notion house, was founded by L. B. Suskin in 1888 and incorporated in 1902. This company maintained a retail division known to the public as, The Hub. The business has been under the management of Mr. F. J. Berry since he came with the company in 1902. They served approximately 25 counties and reached out as far as 75 miles in all directions. 15,000 square feet of floor space, supplies storage, and sales space. Twenty people were employed. H. R. Mitchell was Vice-President and R. H. Hodges was Secretary. This photo image was taken from the Special Rotogravure Section featuring the First City to Bear the Name of Washington in the Washington Daily News.

Back