Christian Science church here 1915

Christian Science church here 1915

Click on image to enlarge

Christian Science Society, of Washington NC

 Bountiful South Albemarle Region Once Part of Bath County.
For ten years prior to 1915, people in the Washington community who were interested in Christian Science met in a private home and had a service on Sunday morning. In 1915, the group was able to meet the requirement of The Mother Church in Boston and was recognized as Christian Science Society of Washington, North Carolina. The Christian Science Society was located at 321 North Market Street and services were held on Sunday mornings, at 11:00 A.M. Meeting were held in a small upstairs hall on West Main Street until the fall of 1936 when the home for the Christian Scientist was moved to the Sheriff Hodges/Norcom-Blount House on Market Street.

Format: WDN